- $120 individual session
- $150 for Initial one hour evaluation
Many people choose not to use their insurance benefits and prefer to self-pay for privacy reasons. If you have concerns about how your protected health information can be used and disclosed I would be happy to answer your questions.
Insurance may cover therapy for certain conditions. Therapy must be medically necessary meaning you must meet criteria for a behavioral health diagnosis if you choose to use insurance. This means that you have symptoms that are causing impairment in functioning. Unfortunately, insurance does not pay for proactive therapy to prevent problems or distress. You may contact me for more information about insurance questions you may have. I will always verify benefits prior to seeing a new client. I encourage you to learn about what your health insurance covers and understand what out of pocket costs you are responsible for. You may have a deductible to meet, co-payments or co-insurance.
You may also use “Out of Network Benefits” if your health insurance offers this benefit. I will provide documentation, but you are responsible for payment at the time of session and for submitting documentation to insurance company.
I am an in-network provider for:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA
- Tufts Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and United Healthcare (Optum/Unitedhealthcare manages behavioral health benefits for companies like Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and United Healthcare) You can call the number on the back of your insurance card if you are unsure who manages behavioral health benefits.
I am an affiliate for the following Employee Assistance Programs (EAP):
- E4 Health-New Directions
- Employee Resource Systems (ERS)
- Morneau Shepell-Lifeworks
- Lyra Health
- KGA EAP
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include behavioral health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet? Do behavioral health benefits count towards my deductible?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval or referral from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
- What is the plan year?
- Do I have out of network benefits?
- What are the co-payments and/or coinsurance that I must pay?
I accept cash and credit cards (MC, Visa, Amex, Discover and HSA cards) as forms of payment. Clients are responsible for 100% of the out of pocket costs not covered by health insurance and payment must be made day of appointment. I require a credit card on file to cover any out of pocket costs.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have.