The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information. Please also check the additional links provided for physical health for a more comprehensive understanding of your over-all well-being. The following is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
Associations & Institutes
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Center for Mental Health Services
- Mental Health America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Mental Health Association
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Sleep Foundation
- National Women’s Health Resource Center
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Suicide Awareness and Hotlines
- Clients In Crisis
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Suicide: Read This First
The Trevor Lifeline is the only nationwide, around-the-clock crisis and suicide prevention lifeline for LGBTQ youth. The Trevor Lifeline is a free and confidential service that offers hope and someone to talk to, 24/7. Each year, tens of thousands of calls are fielded from young people across the country.
TrevorLifeline — A crisis intervention and suicide prevention phone service available 24/7 at 1-866-488-7386
TrevorText — Text “START” to 678678. Standard text messaging rates apply. Available 24/7/365.
- 24 Hour Helpline: The Samaritans provides a free and confidential 24-hour phone befriending line: 617.247.0220 or 508.875.4500. Or you can reach us toll-free at the Massachusetts Statewide Samaritans toll-free helpline 877.870.HOPE. This unique service, which is staffed by trained volunteers from locations in Boston and Framingham, provides unconditional and non-judgemental support to those who are alone, depressed or in crisis. Whatever the challenge or struggle, anyone who is suffering can find at The Samaritans a caring, empathetic ear, eager to listen and understand.
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance:
800-273-TALK or text DBSA to 741-741
- The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning youth.
- the Trevor Support Center, a place where LGBTQ youth and their allies can find answers to frequently asked questions, and explore resources related to sexual orientation, gender identity and more! Remember, if you need immediate support or help, Trevor’s counselors are just a phone call, chat, or text away. You are not alone.
- GLBTQ National Hotline (all ages)
- Youth Talkline (up to age 25)
- LGBTQ Elder Line
- Moderated teen talk online support groups and online support groups for preteen, teen, parents, grandparents.
- Bipolar Disorder News – Pendulum.org
- Depression and How Therapy Can Help
- Depression Screening
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
- The Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- National Center for PTSD
- Give an Hour— for veterans and their families
- National Center for PTSD Real Warriors (U.S. Department of Defense)— for veterans and their families
- The Gift From Within
- Sidran Institute
Addiction and Recovery
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous Recovery Resources
- Center for On-Line Addiction
- Web of Addictions
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Childhelp USA®
- Questions and Answers about Memories of Childhood Abuse
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline Website
- DrugWatch.com provides up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications, including details about associated side effects.
- Drugalert.org is a comprehensive database with information and news alerts about potentially dangerous drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide.